It’s that time of the year again. I wish it could have been Thanksgiving but no, it’s midterms time where any form of joy is killed. It’s when you really appreciate the carefree time you had last week where you had the luxury to choose whether to watch a new episode of American Horror Story or go grab a quick bite at Panera Bread. This is all up to you of course. Midterms or not, we always have food so why not use it as a stress reliever and motivator? Step away from living off vending machine snacks and camping out at a single cubicle to learning simple tips to making your studying experience a bit more enjoyable.
- Find a few great studying spots and alternate. Studies show that alternating your study area improves retention compared to studying in one location. Try studying anywhere and everywhere to find out what works for you, even if it’s while flipping pancakes.
2. Sometimes we all need a little motivation and it doesn’t hurt if it comes in the form of a gummy bear.
3. Studying with a furry (or not so furry) friend nearby can lend for some company. Not when they steal your chair though haha.
4. Next time you grab for a snack, go for berries and fruits. They are loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants which helps your memory and improves brain performance.
5. Go for a change and try out coconut water: it’s high in potassium and low in sodium and calories. A diet low in potassium can cause fatigue which is a bad combo for studying. A high potassium and low sodium diet helps lower blood pressure, therefore lowering your stress levels.
6. If you are in the mood for an actual meal then Chipotle is the way to go! It’s an easy to-go meal that you can save for later if you get full. The best part about October is that you can get $3 Burritos if you come in a costume for Halloween.
7. Need an actual break from studying? Whip up these 3-ingredient Nutella brownies or make yourself an easy mug cake.
8. We all know what’s not good for us, yet we tend to buy it anyways. Treat yourself every now and then, because you know you deserve it.
9. When studying gets dull, you can always light a candle or candles. Candles can help reduce your stress, improve your productivity, and help you stay more focused on your studies.
10. Pack a healthy snack like a salad or some pumpkin spice scones to the library so you aren’t stuck living off of vending machine food, because all the real food is way too far away.
I don’t even know how long it’s been but here’s for a food packed post to have made that wait worthwhile. I have all these pictures accumulating and just waiting for their moment to shine in a post. Most of my baking is done for occasions like a friend’s birthday or if I am going to a dinner party. Oh and can’t forget my cravings either haha. You know, especially when you see an epic mouthwatering dessert that you just must taste. At what better than recreating it to your liking? Or even when you go to a restaurant and have one of their specialities & think of how nice it would be to be able to make it at home for a midnight snack or what not. Not only that, when you bake you know EXACTLY what it going in your food. It for sure puts all those worries about mystery ingredients to rest.
Looking for something quick to make or just ideas in general? Check out these three easy to make assorted desserts! Twizzler Chocolate Sandwiches
-Bake your favorite flavor of cake & let it cool (Hershey’s cake recipe here)
-Cut it into 3 x 3 inch squares & cut those in half to make a sandwich
-Fill the inside with buttercream, recipe found here
-Using a piping bag, top the cake with icing & place your candies accordingly
Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes topped with Glazed Strawberries
-Bake your favorite cake in the mini bundt cake pans (found mine at World Market)
-Make a chocolate ganache to cover it, a combo of about 9 oz of chopped chocolate with 1 cup of heavy cream
-Top it off with a strawberry dipped in a fruit glaze (bought the glaze already made in the grocery store fruits section) Chocolate Drizzled Pecan Pie with Raspberries
-My ALLTIME favorite pie recipe because you simply mix all the ingredients together and throw them in a pie shell (product is too epic and leaves your taste buds feeling out of this world!)
-You can find the recipe for the pecan pie in a previous blog post of mine here
-Melt some baking chocolate and drizzle it over the pie (i put the melted chocolate in a ziploc bag with the corner cut to make it easier) & for some color add fruits on top
What’s your favorite go-to recipe?
Cheesecakes. Nuff’ Said. Yea this blog post should probably end right here huh? Lol. Fine fine I’m sure y’all want to hear allll about cheesecake and how to actually make it yourself!! It’s funny because I always get random inspirations after I try delicious dishes at random restaurants & then later try to recreate them at home. Lobster bisque, fondant cakes, broccoli cheddar soup… The list can go on and on. Well, as it happens we have the Cheesecake Factory known for their intricate & flavorful cheesecakes. You really do get overwhelmed just looking at their lengthy menu! It just so happens that this place is quite a drive from my area so going there was always a treat. Just recently though, they opened a Cheesecake Factory in my area & you can only imagine how crazy everyone went when they heard about it. Me & my friends decided to have a Cheesecake Movie night. This was a really smart move because we got to taste like half the menu by sampling the various flavors each of us got. After this though, I really wanted to bake a cheesecake. What better than being able to have your cravings whenever you want, because you can make it? Thankfully, my first try was a success. What’s neat about cheesecakes is that you can use whatever you have available to decorate it. We had some fruits, so I made a chocolate ganache and covered that with an assortment of fruits. For my next try though, I wanted to make it a little different as shown below. I drizzled the cheesecake with caramel and chocolate, sprinkled it with nuts & coconut, & last of all surrounded it with a variety of cheesecake truffles.
For the cheesecake recipe that I used, click here!