After quite the long pause, I’m excited to be back! Studying got the best of me and hopefully with better time management you’ll be seeing more posts here.
We’re in the midst of a fall frenzy once again that just always seems to start and end too early. If you’ve been to World Market then you know that they have all their winter stock already on shelves ready to be sold. I even read an article about people who protest pumpkin spice lattes being sold “too early” and they’ve even started a #stopprematurepumpkinspicing hashtag trend. This is one of my favorite seasons so I try to take advantage and enjoy the pumpkin spice flavored everything- I’ve seen it in cereals, coffee, tortilla chips, salsa, hummus, etc. The best thus far has been the pumpkin spice chocolate covered almonds; so good that I may even have to hunt them down in other stores and stock up!
Ok onto more important topics such as what this blog post is really about- mini pumpkin bread loaves. Personal sized of course and perfect for sharing or storing in the freezer for a later dessert or coffee pairing. These are everything you love about that Starbuck’s pumpkin bread- moist, dense and truly satisfying. They’ll stir up childhood memories or create new ones of sweet autumn spices.
Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice (or homemade recipe- in tips)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups canned/homemade pumpkin puree
- optional: pecans, chopped
Maple Syrup Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat: 350 F
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and oil together.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternating with the pumpkin puree until just combined.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- While the loaves are cooling, prepare the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and maple syrup together. Drizzle over the cooled mini loaves.
-Homemade pumpkin spice mix: 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
-Add more powdered sugar for a thicker glaze or more syrup for a thinner glaze.