Who said rainy days have to be all gloomy and sad? I figured I would help those in need of a little brightening today with 10 delicious ways to make the most of your rainy day! These are perfect days to have an excuse to stay inside, cozy up with comfort food, and watch your favorite shows on Netflix. Unless this day happens to fall on a weekday in which you end up driving to work, school, or run errands (in that case, you’ll be glad you bought those rain boots you never thought you would wear). Nevertheless, it’s a great feeling to come home and cook up some soup to enjoy. It’s probably even greater to come home to it already made haha.
Every type of weather has its ups and downs & surprisingly, rainy days do come with some perks. Why not use this chance to practice your skills in the kitchen whipping up hot chocolate drinks, blending together smoothies, and grilling cheese sandwiches. Check out the wide array of recipes from some of my favorite blogs below & enjoy (#4 may look a little familiar to some of you):
1. Loaded Baked Potato Soup from Damn Delicious
2. Frozen Hot Chocolate from Handmade Mood
3. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from The Cookie Writer
4. Classic French Toast from yours truly- SimplyDelicious
5. Cookies & Cream Parfait from The Cozy Apron
6. Stovetop White Mac and Cheese from Jehan Can Cook
7. The Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Closet Cooking
8. Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Cooking with a Wallflower
9. Chicken Noodle Soup from BudgetBytes
10. Strawberry Basil & Roasted Beet Smoothie Bowl from a New Life Wandering
What is your favorite rainy day food?