So I haven’t posted in a while… Doesn’t mean I haven’t stopped baking though! I have a couple of deelish recipes so keep posted this whole week. I actually went a whole week without cooking or anything because of college tests. It’s all good now though. To celebrate I made these moist and chewy espresso chocolate chip brownie cookies. Oh and also some cream cheese glazed cinnamon rolls which will appear in my next post!
P.S. Be expecting a bunch of pumpkin spice recipes coming up. Tis’ the season after all and I am all but obsessed haha :)
Espresso Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips ( you can use any type you want- i did half milk/semisweet)
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, diced
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat: 350 F
- Put together the unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and butter in a double boiler. (put them in a small pan inside a larger pan filled halfway with boiling water). Stir until melted. Be careful not to overheat.
- Whisk together your eggs, sugar, and instant coffee granules for a couple minutes until thick.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- In a different bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in your last 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Put a tablespoon of batter about 2 inches apart from each other on the cooking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.