When I first tried tapioca, it was store-bought and from a generic plastic container with a bland flavor of vanilla. Little did I know that these small pearls can make any dessert dish taste amazing and with whatever flavor you want whether it be pumpkin spice coconut or even raspberry mint. You’re probably also familiar with tapioca from bubble tea as well. I actually found this recipe on foodgawker, aka the most addicting food website everrrrr!
-Tapioca actually comes from a plant known as cassava or the yucca.
-Tapioca pearls are a form of starch that are made from the roots of these plants.
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 125 ml of coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean or tsp of vanilla extract
- 115 g sugar + 2 tbsp sugar
- 50 g tapioca
- 150 g of raspberries
- Combine the whole milk, coconut milk, vanilla extract, tapioca, and 115 g of sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Heat until the pearls become translucent (about 30 minutes)
- Remove from heat and pour into 4 dessert cups and let cool to room temp
- Cook the raspberries and 2 tbsp of sugar in a small saucepan, mashing them with a fork
- Add the raspberries on top of the pudding, cover with a film, and freeze for about 2 hours
End Result- Quite Phenomenal!
The sweet-sour taste of the thin layer of raspberries on top goes great with the smooth and creamy coconut flavored tapioca pudding on the bottom. Totally recommend everyone to make this!